Mission, Vision, Purpose, Goals
ACSA REGION 17
THE PLACE TO BE, THE PLACE TO BELONG, THE PLACE TO BECOME
We serve educational leaders in the pursuit of equity and excellence to meet the diverse needs of all California students.
The mission of the Association of California School Administrators, the driving force of education in California and beyond, is to ensure the creation of communities of learning and equity that serve both the aspirations of individual students and the greater good of society, through this unique and indispensable coalition distinguished by:
- bold and authoritative advocacy
- inspirational networks of discovery and sharing of knowledge
- mutual commitment to excellence
- universal access to learning
We will practice collaborative decision-making throughout the organization.
Our focus will be on public education.
We will offer services and products that are extraordinary.
We will lead with the highest personal and professional ethics.
Local educational agencies have the resources and the freedom to meet the unique needs of their learning communities.
Every educational community is led by exemplary, inspirational educators who are compelled to create innovative, rich, and accessible learning environments.
We are the consummate authority and prevailing influence on education policy.
We believe that:
- an educated citizenry is essential to democracy
- dreams inspire potential
- every person deserves respect
- human virtues demand advocacy
- every person has a right to unrestricted opportunity
- every person thrives to the degree that he or she builds trusting relationships
- transformative change requires the courage to take risks
- learning never ends
- where we come from does not dictate how far we go
- every individual has the power to effect immeasurable good
- strong families are vital to society