Member Assistance & Legal Support Team
Regular ACSA membership gives you access to trained and experienced Member Assistance Advocates to protect your due process rights. Our advocates have a proven track record in resolving work-related concerns before they become a lawsuit. Call 800.608.ACSA
Know Your Rights
Ask yourself the following questions. If any of your answers are yes, chances are you could use ACSA’s help!
- Have my due process rights been violated?
- Does this problem/situation pose a threat to or significantly affect my career?
- Are my employers treating my situation unfairly?
Advocates are available to assist members with problems concerning, but not limited to:
- Breach of employment contract
- Complaint investigations
- Contract review
- Credential problems
- Salary policy disputes n Settlement agreements n Tenure rights
Direct Legal Advice
We’ve got you covered! If necessary our Advocates will authorize two hours of direct legal assistance with one of ACSA’s panel attorneys at no cost to you. Our lawyers are experienced in school law and can help determine if further legal action or litigation is necessary. If that’s not enough, ACSA can provide:
- $1,000 in additional legal assistance to members based on a 60%/40% split.
- Up to $4,000 in protracted legal assistance for cases in litigation, which is also based on a 60%/40% split.
- Free professional liability insurance in excess of your mandated district coverage.
Eligibility for Legal Assistance
A person requesting attorney assistance must have been a Regular member in good standing for six months at the time his/her problem
arose. Retired members are eligible for attorney assistance only if the matter occurred while they were a regular member. You must be an ACSA member to receive this benefit.
Follow the link below to connect to a team member: